I’ve been Nominated…
(Flusters and blushes) This is a first for me.
Thank you Deborah, for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award.
Deborah has one of the best blogs around and she is responsible for making me believe that I could have my very own bee hive and keep bees. Even though I know little about them, I have always loved them, and I am quickly learning, thanks to her delightful and informative blog.
Please check her out at: romancingthebee.wordpress.com
So here are the Rules for Versatile Blogger Award:
Here are my nominations:
Sharon at The Pyjama Gardener
Erica at http://www.nwedible.com/
Bridget at http://arignagardener.wordpress.com/
Lorraine at http://lorrainesvegpatch.blogspot.com/
Marie at http://marieelisabethsrum.blogspot.com/
Okay Deborah, Here are seven things about me:
1. I robbed the cradle and married the sweetest man on earth who happens to be eleven years younger than me. We both love France, and the first time that we were planning a trip there, I found out that I was pregnant and we had to cancel the trip as I was suddenly in NO mood to travel.
2. Together we produced the most wonderful, sweet and talented girl. We named her Isabella Paris. We joke (lamely) that we had a Paris instead of going there.
3. When I was four, I began telling people that when I grew up, I was going to be an artist at home. I never changed my mind. I am a bit of a hobbit, and I only leave home for food or for adventure (i.e. travelling abroad). When I was in my early twenties, I worked for Dover Publishing, illustrating Paper dolls. I also worked for many years illustrating greeting cards for a card company called Madison Park Greetings. Except for a brief stint as a housekeeper when I was young, I have always worked from home. Don’t try to make me to leave my home, I will box your ears in and roll you in stinging nettles.
4. When I am not obsessing over my garden, I am writing and illustrating a book for women. Actually, it is four books, one for each season. It is a bit of fiction/fantasy, set against a backdrop of delightful gardens and a bit of Paris. What? You’re not surprised? About Paris and Gardens of course, not about being a writer.
5. My top favorite movies are Amelie and It’s a wonderful life. It’s a tie, I can’t decide which I like better.
6. Someday I want my very own thatched cottage.
7. Nature makes my heart sing. It is my bliss. It is my chapel of joy, my cathedral of wonderment. It is second only to my family and my sister Elizabeth.
There you go peeps, thanks for reading!